- Before the beginning of retell lecture, you will be giving 3 seconds to look at the image on the screen. Utilize the time and look at the image on the screen, to predict the topic of the lecture.
- Listen the lecture very carefully and try to write all main key words on your sheet.
- When you are listing the lecture, your focus should be on understanding the main idea of the lecture.
- Writing quickly will help you. You can use abbreviations and omit vowels to increase your writing speed.
- Make a flow chart to speak clearly.
- When you are speaking the lecture, your content, oral fluency and pronunciation should be clear.
- Speak up to 37 seconds.
- Don’t stop yourself while speaking. Use your own accent.
TEMPLATES FOR RE-TELL LECTURE
- The lecture was about on the topic….
- The speaker explained/talked about….
- He also discussed about….
- He introduced the new technology namely….
- Finally, He said….
HOW TO MAKE NOTES FOR RE-TELL LECTURE?
- While listening you can use sheet and draw a flow chart in sequence.In this way, you can speak well as per order what the speaker said.
- USE ABBRIVATIONS, ARROWS etc
WHEN YOU ARE UNABLE TO WRITE KEYWORDS OR LECTURE WAS DIFFICULT THEN WHAT TO DO?
HOW TO SPEAK UPTO 35 SECONDS?TRICKS FOR UNKNOWN TOPIC.
Suppose you wrote only few words:
- AP (Air Pollution)
- Clean air act
In this case:
- You will use your own brain that topic is good for us in real life or not.
- If it is good, then you will explain good points otherwise negative points.
- In this way, you can get marked from oral fluency and pronunciation.
AP (AIRPOLLUTION), CLEAN AIR ACT
- The lecture was about air pollution which is very harmful for us.
- The speaker explained the cause of air pollution.
- He also talked about new act that is called Clean Air Act.
- In today’s time, problem of air pollution is increasing day by day use to number of vehicles. Number of problems effect human being.